Module 8: Local Influence to Global Citizenship
This module will draw together the strands of all the previous modules to explore how they can function in a real context. Participants will have the opportunity to produce a short documentary film to illustrate their points of view.
It will involve an overview of the City of Birmingham and the aspects of citizenship displayed there.
Investigations will be conducted at sites such as:
- Birmingham City Council Chamber
- Cadburys, Rover, Biffa Waste
- museums and libraries, leisure and community centres
- mosques, churches and other faith centres
The aim of this module is to establish how local concerns are linked to national and global issues, and what the various points of influence and change are.
By the end of the module students will:
- have made presentations to the whole group
- have developed their research skills and research confidence
- have a greater understanding of how local concerns are linked to national and global issues
- be able to draw together the strands of the previous five modules
- be able to produce a documentary film to draw the modules together
< Back to Modules